The original HMYOI Feltham was built in 1854 as an Industrial School and was taken over in 1910 by the Prison Commissioners as their second Borstal institution. The existing building opened as a Remand Centre in March 1988.
The current HM Prison and Young Offender Institution Feltham was formed by the amalgamation of Ashford Remand Centre and Feltham Borstal in 1990/91.
Excellent voluntary sector work takes place within Feltham with a full time voluntary sector co-ordinator managing the 25 plus agencies that operate within Feltham.
Novus are responsible for the education provision at HMYOI Feltham. The group are the largest offender education provider in the UK and provide HMP Jobs across the country.